[TYPO3-english] [TYPO3-core-internal] T3DD13 - Please send in your papers

Thomas Hempel thomas at typo3.org
Mon Apr 29 08:58:31 CEST 2013

Dear fellow TYPO3 developers,

the Developer Days 2013 come closer with big steps. As usual we need
your help to make it a great event. We depend on your knowledge and
insights. It would be very cool if you could consider to do a tutorial
or workshop during the Developer Days. So this is the official call for
papers.

What does it mean?

Well, we want to go further with the "getting things done" approach.
Therefor our slogan for this year's issue is "Getting Together to make
it happen!" What this "it" is totally up to you. Ideas for new features
as well as finishing up already started things. The Developer Days are
the perfect place for you to get it out the door.

So what are the rules?

First off, no talks! We won't have any 45 minutes slots anymore. This
event is for working and we doubt that anything can be done in 45
minutes. So if you want to do something you have to decide if you rather
do a 2 hour tutorial or 4 hour workshop.

The difference is simple. A tutorial is where you show people how things
work. Ideally together with the audience. Examples could be "How to set
up a development environment for the TYPO3 CMS/Flow" or "How to use
Fluid" etc.

Alternatively you can decide to do a workshop. That should be a bigger
topic where you work together with the participants. If you think that
you need more time, just do a workshop with two consecutive time slots.
Topics could be "Implementing the top 3 most requested Fluid
View-Helper". "Implement a FAL backend for Google Drive".

The topics should be TYPO3 specific. If we have enough room we might
have some off-topic  topics in the evenings. So feel free to send us
your ideas for this too.

In fact, there are no more rules. At least not for your topic suggestions.

If you want to share knowledge and/or have something you want to work
on, feel free to send an e-mail to thomas at typo3.org or go to
http://t3dd13.typo3.org/call-for-papers/submit-your-papers/.

Thanks and best wishes,
your T3DD13 Orga