[TYPO3-english] pages:media field and FAL

Fabian Lachman flachman at wizzbit.nl
Thu Apr 25 15:52:41 CEST 2013

In the old TYPO3 versions it was possible to render a menu with images that were uploaded for each page in the media field, like this:

lib.nav = HMENU
lib.nav.maxItems = 9
lib.nav.1 = GMENU
lib.nav.1 {
  NO {
    XY = 60,60
    10 = IMAGE
    10.file.import = uploads/media/
    10.file.import.field = media
    10.file.import.listNum = 0
  }
}

In 6.0.4 with the file abstraction layer this does not work anymore, I've seen some suggestions to add treatIdAsReference = 1 but this doesn't work, I've also tried import.data = levelmedia:-1, slide instead of import.field, this almost works, now it shows the same image for all menu items, and if I click on a different menu item, it changes the image but again it shows the same image for all menu items.

Does anyone have a solution?