[TYPO3-english] Rewrite file link paths - and a two questions about DAM an FAL

Urs Bräm info at ursbraem.ch
Thu Apr 25 14:21:39 CEST 2013

Hi there

is there a way to rewrite file link paths globally?

Example
www.example.com/fileadmin/documents/2013/offers/description.pdf
www.example.com/offers/description.pdf

The main reason would be to have a shorter file path, more
understandable for user and getting rid of /fileadmin/ which looks
oldschoolish and tells everyone it's a TYPO3 site.

I'm not sure if this could/might be done with RealURL, or if it's a
feature DAM or FAL in TYPO3 6.0 will offer.

Regarding DAM: According to
http://buzz.typo3.org/teams/dam/article/new-features-in-dam-13-and-the-future-of-dam/
there won't be much development going into DAM anymore, is that still
correct? Would you recommend it's use in a 4.5 Site that won't be
upgraded until end of 4.5 Support?

Regarding FAL: will it be possible to set expiry dates on documents? Can
you point me to a good feature description?

Thank you very much
Urs

--
Urs Bräm