[TYPO3-english] linternal links

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Thu Apr 18 13:19:03 CEST 2013

Hi,

On 18-4-2013 12:11, Francesc Juliana wrote:
> I am creating links inside a text sections in pages.
> I wonder if is possible to create links in order not to change them when the
> website changes its server.
> Is possible to create links using a variable inside that text section.
> For example if I have one link:
>
> http://192.168.0.2/typo3/?id=148#866
> and I need to change the website to another server I will need to change the
> link towards:
>
> http://localhost/intranet/?id=148#866
>
> Is there any option to create links (inside a rich text) to be changed when
> website changes server?

Internal links are not stored as the complete URL but as links to the
page ID. See [1] for more details.
You can't see that this happens in the RTE (Rich Text Editor) because
the content of the RTE is transformed when it's stored in the database
and transformed on its way back to the RTE when you start editing a
content element.

If you change the server and you've adjusted any necessary settings
(domain records, base url, absRefPrefix, etc. depending on what you use)
all you need to do is to clear the TYPO3 caches and the internal links
are now adjusted to the new server.

[1] http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/CoreApiReference/RteApi/Index.html

--
Jigal van Hemert