[TYPO3-english] TYPO3 6.0.4 and PHP 5.3.3-7

Pero Peric pperic at pero.hr
Thu Apr 18 12:11:21 CEST 2013

Guys.. lets move on.. I have another thread ;-)

Regards.

"Robert Wildling"  wrote in message
news:mailman.1.1366278809.28325.typo3-english at lists.typo3.org...

> Maybe you have a suggestion how to educate people without playing a
> human interface to a search engine? A simple suggestion to search first
> seems "rude".

Why would you want to suggest someone to search Google? If you do it and
you find a link with an answer, post that link right away - or don't
google and ignore the post. If you realize that the poster is a
newcomer, you can additionally point out that error codes and messages
can be found via a Google search, even though I would like to assume
that anybody who is a newcomer, but works with TYPO3, will check in that
very moment that Google is a source for answers, too. However, the
keyword is "additionally". Everything else is a waste of time and turns
into something very arrogant.

I would like to look at this list as a kind of "Collaborative TYPO3
Cookbook", if you want. It is therefore absolutely necessary to keep and
make each post as helpful as possible.

Not the least because eventually all posts show up in Google - and I am
sure you know how stressful and time-consuming it is to dig through all
those useless posts and/or dead links on Google...

Therefore: a useful, modest answer or nothing. My point of view.