[TYPO3-english] tx_news and content element relation - content elements unintentionally displayed on page

Dirk Wenzel wenzel at webfox03.de
Mon Apr 15 12:12:33 CEST 2013

Hi Georg,
thank your for your quick reply.

Am 15.04.13 11:13, schrieb Georg Ringer:
> Am 15.04.2013 11:09, schrieb Dirk Wenzel:
>> 1. configure news to put all related content elements into a special
>> sysfolder.
> http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/TCAReference/Reference/Columns/Inline/Index.html
>
> => TCAdefaults.<table>.pid = <page id>can be used to define the pid of
> new child records. Thus, it's possible to have special storage folders
> on a per-table-basis.
Ah, I didn't know that.

But if I get right it would change the behaviour of all content elements
with inline records of a certain type.

For instance: TCAdefault.tt_content.pid = <page id> would cause all
inline elements of type tt_content to be stored in <page id>. Right?

>> 2. configure news to save all content elements with an unused colPos.
>
> this is nothing you wanna do
Jepp - I know that I dont because I did it before ;)

Cheers
Dirk