[TYPO3-english] tx_news and content element relation - content elements unintentionally displayed on page

Dirk Wenzel wenzel at webfox03.de
Mon Apr 15 11:09:43 CEST 2013

Hi,
in a current project our customer want to store news entries in the same
page which contains the news plugin.
When using content element relations with tx_news they are
unintentionally displayed in frontend (since they are saved with the
default colPos for instance 'right').

I see two ways to prevent this:
1. configure news to put all related content elements into a special
sysfolder.
2. configure news to save all content elements with an unused colPos.

For both ways I didn't find an appropriate option.

Any hints?

Thanks in advance
Dirk