[TYPO3-english] setup template for the new NEWS extension in TYPO3 ver 6.x

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Thu Apr 4 16:30:21 CEST 2013

Hi,

Peder Høy Kristensen wrote:
> Hi,
> I would like to modify frontend output for the new NEWS extension, so it does not display information on date, category etc. In setup files series of if-conditions seems to refer to condition buttons, that are activated or not activated. I do not find these buttons in the backend? Did anyone else find them? It would be nice, if it was a little bit easier to set up output ind NEWS (like in Joomla)!

Not sure what you mean exactly but the key point is that you should copy
the default templates somewhere into your fileadmin/, modify them as you
want and change the TypoScript configuration to point to your own
templates instead.

Hint: you'll have to copy (and thus override) the *whole* templates/,
partials/, ... directories, you cannot override just one single template.

HTH

--
Xavier Perseguers
Release Manager TYPO3 4.6