[TYPO3-english] Typo3 and Font awesome

Felix admin at feelx.net
Wed Apr 3 14:03:21 CEST 2013

Hi

This is my template and tsconfig setup:

Part for the typoscript template (rootpage)
// allow tags in RTE
lib.parseFunc_RTE.allowTags:=addToList(icon)
// ... to textfields
lib.parseFunc.allowTags:=addToList(icon)

lib.parseFunc_RTE.tags.icon=TEXT
lib.parseFunc_RTE.tags.icon {
     # current = 1 sets content of tag
     current=1
     # wrapper for Icon
     wrap=<i class="icon-|">&nbsp;</i>

     # strips any space out of the tag
     stripNL=1
}

// sets the icon also to normal parsefunc (non-RTE)
lib.parseFunc.tags.icon = < lib.parseFunc_RTE.tags.icon

// enable it for header fields
lib.stdheader.10.setCurrent.parseFunc = < lib.parseFunc
lib.stdheader.10.setCurrent.htmlSpecialChars = 0

Part for the page TSConfig (rootpage)
// add custom tag plugin to RTE buttons
// allowed/denied tags
// (icon should be the enough but for further use
// when I want to display in RTE, I added <i> as well
RTE.default.proc.allowTags := addToList(i,icon)
RTE.default.proc.denyTags := removeFromList(i,icon)

// HTMLparser_rte settings
RTE.default.proc.HTMLparser_rte = 0
// don't mask special html characters like < or >
RTE.default.proc.HTMLparser_rte.htmlSpecialChars = 0
// protect specific, user defined tags
RTE.default.proc.HTMLparser_rte.tags.icon.protect = 1

// entryHTMLparser_db settings
// special html characters like < or > will be stored unmasked (get
masked by re-display in RTE)
RTE.default.proc.entryHTMLparser_db.htmlSpecialChars = -1
// protect specific tag
RTE.default.proc.entryHTMLparser_db.tags.icon.protect = 1
// protect non matching tags
RTE.default.proc.entryHTMLparser_db.keepNonMatchedTags = protect

// exitHTMLparser_db settings
RTE.default.proc.exitHTMLparser_db = 1
// protected non matched tags during fetching from database
RTE.default.proc.exitHTMLparser_db.keepNonMatchedTags = 1
// don't mask html characters like < or >
RTE.default.proc.exitHTMLparser_db.htmlSpecialChars = 0

But it's as I said just a work-around. You have to type manually

For me it's enough so far - but of course I'd appreciate an extension
too. I'm just not able to do this :)

And it's still very basic since it does not support things like this:
<i class="icon-camera-retro icon-2x"></i>
or
<i class="icon-spinner icon-spin">
which can be found on the awesomes website examples page.

If you or someone else has a more elegant way to realize this I'd
appreciate. And also if some bug is found. I hope I got everything so far.

Greetings
felix