[TYPO3-english] Update of late 4.7.x to 6.0 or 6.1

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Tue Apr 2 13:03:26 CEST 2013

Hi Wiechert,

Wiechert Hooghwinkel wrote:

> 3.Also I had some problems with realUrl not working properly. Suddenly
> giving an RealURL error: unable to determine rootpage_id for the current
> domain. This problem dissolved after some time waiting (deleting the cache
> files etc.). But still appears when I use the url without the www.part.com
> so part.com results in the error.

You need to setup a domain record for both www.example.com and example.com
as both are completely desperate domains.
Then you need to setup your realurl config accordingly.

> 4. An other strange thing is in the backend. pages are not refrehing when
> for example adding a new Content Element to a page. Nothing shows up the
> page stays white/ empty.

You mean the frontend? Please see the TSconfig reference on how to
automatically clear the cache of certain pages on record updates.

> Same thing when using the extension manager. Some
> actions keep the manager just showing the work in progress circle and
> nothing is happening anymore.

This is most likely an error which is hidden. More recent versions (dev?) of
TYPO3 CMS 6.0.x do show the error messages as popup.
Most common:
* connection problems
* dependency problems

Best regards