[TYPO3-english] Redirect does not work (always) for old-school mailforms

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Thu Sep 27 19:24:12 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 27-9-2012 16:56, Bert Hiddink [BENDOO e-work solutions] wrote:
> I have an annoying problem with old-school mailform wizard: I configured
> several forms with a redirect but SOMETIMES the redirect-page is not
> reached after submitting the form, instead it redirects to the
> home-page. Hence, the content of the form is not send.
>
> However, SOMETIMES, the redirect works properly and then, the mail is
> send correctly.
>
> Any ideas? Is this mailform not compatible with TYPO3 4.7.4?

The "old" form wizard should still be compatible. The effect you
describe is rather strange because the mail is sent during the process
of displaying a page. The redirect is done by submitting the form to the
redirect page and sending the mail from that page (unless the redirect
is an external page, in which case the redirect is included as a hidden
field).

The difficult part is the "SOMETIMES" :-(

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 Core Team member

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!