[TYPO3-english] page rating vs page cache

Kay Strobach typo3 at kay-strobach.de
Tue Sep 25 22:30:21 CEST 2012

Hello Jan,

you can decide, if this object should be user or user_int based on the
input vars, this way, the voting may be out of date for a short time,
but caching will be possible most times :D

Dimitry describes that in his book about extension building.

Keyword: TSRef Condition

Regards
Kay

Am 25.09.2012 19:26, schrieb Jan Slusarczyk:
> I'm doing a little maintenance on one of my older pages and I'm looking
> for a way to upgrade ltg_rating extension. But it seems that all of
> rating extensions are inserted as user_int object and thus blocking page
> cache. I know the reasoning behind it (current value is a dynamic
> content) but I hoped for a solution that would request current rating
> value by ajax or clear page cache after submitting a vote allowing for
> page caching. How did you solve page rating on your sites without
> disabling page cache?
>
> Cheers
> Jan

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!
Get involved: http://typo3.org

Answer was useful - feel free to donate:
  -
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=KPM9NAV73VDF2
  - https://flattr.com/profile/kaystrobach