[TYPO3-english] A TYPO3 quick start package...

Kay Strobach typo3 at kay-strobach.de
Mon Sep 24 09:27:18 CEST 2012

Hello together,

just to sum it up - and to give you an overview, what has been done
behind the scenes already:

1. we need an templating approach, which allows sharing themes
   as this was and is a booster for other cms systems
   (wordpress, durpal, ...)

   - This would can a standard, which can surely be bypasses

   - The Theming extension should not be shipped with pure core, but
     with sth. like the quickstart package

   - TV Framework can be the base, as not yet official version 2 uses
     extbase directory scheme already
     -> Thanks RON

   - TV Framework is a bunch of very well designed TS and uses TV wrap
     the blocks and build it for delivery

   - TV can be replaced with fluid or the classic approach for
     pagerendering in TV Framework
     -> needs some extra work, but is possible

2. We need as much D&D as possible and as good for usability :D
   -> thanks Jigal for taking care

3. if TV is not the way to go, we need an official decision, what is
   the way to go to have similar functions for content columns, etc.
   this official way should be core functionality :D

   - be_layouts are a very good starting point :D

   - guides like "modern template building (with tv)" should than be
     moved to an archive

   - we need an transition path from tv to the new approach :D

Hope i didn't miss sth.

Regards
Kay

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!
Get involved: http://typo3.org

Answer was useful - feel free to donate:
  -
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=KPM9NAV73VDF2
  - https://flattr.com/profile/kaystrobach