[TYPO3-english] A TYPO3 quick start package...

Andi cocopapa at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 02:37:45 CEST 2012

Sorry Phillip

but your answer is a TYPICAL ignoring Core Dev answer since years.

You are missing completely the point and also should learn to read proprerly.

TemplaVoila is since years the most userfriendly and most flexible way to use TYPO3

Standard Templating is since years blocking the future of TYPO3!!!

WHY?

Because some weired and old fashioned core developery dont want to recognize that since years actually since 2004 when webempowered church brought out their first package and even MUCH more when Ron Hall brought out the gorgeous Framework for Templavoila and there will be an even much huger crowd start using templavoila with the next Version VERY SURE!!!

WHY?

Because since years - 6 years - we have over and over again the same discussion with Ycore Devs like you which ignore very resistant one simple Fact!

Since start of templavoula NO SINGLE traditional old fashioned core dev was able to create something similar usable like templavoila. something similar flexible like templavoila, which is as user and designer friendly like templavoila, which provides meanwhile even an own FREE Template repository like templavoila and a way to share complete templates and flexible templates like templavoila and which you can edit from frontend, translate without any problem, ...

In short start using templavoila and feeling the real power of usability and easyness of TYPO3 instead of continueing making customers dependent on Typo3 Developers. Inspire to share the best way - which is currently TemplaVoila for customers and we will be happy to see perhaps in the next 5 years gridelements flux fed fluid extbase etc taking over the usability of TemplaVoila perhaps they will also have in 6 years more than 10 templates available ;-)

I never said you should integrate templavoila to extbase or something similar.

Stopp blocking thousands of devs and customers by ignoring the best what ever happened to TYPO3. Show a bit more respect to templavoila!

We respect also the work on fluid extbase fed etc and are already experimenting with it, but until now - and this will be like this still for the next 3-4 years Templating with fluid is real fun but not usable ALONE with the same flexibility and customer friendliness like templavoila. And sorry - gridelements is until now norhing more than a nice try which should take a bit more usability examples on TemplaVoila. It can be the future - yes but until now it is it not.

We train our customers here to setup and create their websites and they use templavoila for a very good reason.

With the templavoila Framework, March8 or Abc TYPO3 is like a big box with lots and lots of ready to drag into the right position building blogs, no need to do Be a typiscript Genius.

Designers here live it because the way of templating is easy and understandable. no need of markers etc. drag and drop thats it. change column settings and your content is still in place. Mix colums on one page no problem. Translating very easy.

It is NOT the financial support which is missing right now! It is the Trad Core Devs attitude which should support those gorgeous devs which created and maintain TemplaVoila and RealUrl.

As you probably have read Dmitry has fixes but this Agreement is hindering to get them in.

Blocking our people.
Blocking out great tools.
Blocking customers sites wirh new releases

is the best way to bring people to Drupal which is getting faster and faster to be secure and easy to update and maintain like TYPO3. Srijan Technologies was a great supporter of TYPO3 and is now a great supporter of Drupal offering conversion services for TYPO3 customers who want to switch to Drupal.

And be sure Phillip, If there would be not the great great effort of Ron Hall, Jeff Segars and others of the webempoweredchurch to make TYPO3 even more userfriendly as it is right now for all customers using the framework for templavoila than most user oriented people would have already switched.

But be also very sure that those people from WEC who do not ignore TemplaVoila but using it in real live settings since years will be the driving power to get stuff like the "abandonned" TYPO3 Version 5 ideas up and running.

WHY?

Because the know and experienced, felt already the real power of TYPO3.

Give piece a chance
Give TemplaVoila a try
be more Enduser friendly

Start supporting the TemplaVoila and RealUrl devs a bit more

Thanks

Andi

Sent from Andi's iPhone