[TYPO3-english] A TYPO3 quick start package...

Andi cocopapa at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 06:00:42 CEST 2012

Phillip

what you write here applies ONLY to the simple standard and unfortunately the only by most core developpers promoted way of builing sites with TYPO3. this includes the old way of working with automake template like used in the introduction package.

BUT and I would like to say this very very loud so that also ALL Core developers can hear it that there is a very easy to use way in learning TYPO3. And there are lots of ready to use templates FREE of charge. There is a great and easy understandable dokumentatiion. There are Packages available for download ready to use, ready to be copied and multiplied for your projects without CC licenses, It will take only about 15 minutes to get a complete site with news, blog, podcast, gallery, jobboard, guestbook and much more ready to use and installed up and running.

There is great documentation available on how to do templating, thousands of sites are already using this approach of TYPO3 and even major huge TYPO3 companies are using it.

There is a template repository available with lots of themplates for download for Free. There is even a great extension called sitemgr available which uses the real power of having multisites, multilanguages, best usermamagement in a cms IMHO up and running in no time which makes it possible to use 400 Typo3 websites and more in on TYPO3 installation incl customer management.

Nor Drupal Nor Joomla nor Wordpress or any other CMS comes with such a great package like the one from http://webempoweredchuch.org made by people who inherite the "inspire to share" Idea without any financial benefits in mind for only them

- - -  simply use their packages - - -

NOBODY of those working in core learned how to build a most modern car before but most of them will be able to drive it. It is the same with TYPO3.

You don't need to be able to build a TYPO3 website before you will be able in using and modifying it.

Simply use TEMPLAVOILA!!!

using the FRAMEWORK FOR TEMPLAVOILA will be even better and much much easier. We have kids building sites wirh it which just started using TYPO3 and we have customers who like TYPO3 because of the most flexible way of templating you can get in a CMS with this framework for templavoila.

Please wake up complete CORE

You do a great job but this is by far not enough to promote TYPO3 as long as you constantly IGNORE great extensions like templavoila or realurl which make actually TYPO3 to what it could be! Yes COULD BE.

As long as with every new update in core things are ONLY focussed on the old automake and stadard way or even the great fluid approach which unfortunately has until now ONLY one template free downloadable YOU simply miss the biggest chance for TYPO3 to bring it to the world.

Using AND NOT ignoring TEMPLAVOILA would make TYPO3 much much more accessible to EVERYBODY.

It took at least 4-5 years to have such great FOR EVERYBODY usable - very easy click install usable packages WITHOUT errormessages even before install like often with the intropackage available with lots and lots click install features and templates which tou can freely modify looking to the great wec starting packages, the great busynoggin framework for templavoila, the yaml for templavoila package, march8, abc and several more with free available templates

AND ALL OF THEM USE TEMPLAVOILA

If you have never heard about this great extension and about the power of TYPO3 than simply go to the AOE-Media.de website and read about it. We direct most of our customers here instead of building such a great promotion of what TYPO3 could be for all Developers worldwide ourself. The AOE site is imho the beat place at all to get complete fascinated customers back to your company which are like dry sponges and want to suck in the water and learn TYPO3 by using Templavoila

What was actually the former TYPO3 Website using? Which approach?

What is the new TYPO3 Website using? Which approach?

Those templates could be another great example templates for TYPO3!

If they are made in standard than at least there would be 2 more available. If they are using TemplaVoila than they would enhance the already big template repository for templavoila - great. And if the new is using Fluid it would be the start for a new aera what actually TYPO3 5.0 should have been since years!

BUT as long as TYPO3 6.0 beta versions are nor even start working with TemplaVoila and RealUrl you are HARMING TYPO3 by blocking out thousands of developers customers and websites which use the currentlt best and most flexible way of templating for a CMS at all. And it os getting even more much MORE flexible, mobile and responsive in the next months perhaps much earlier if the devs using templavoila could already use the version 6 for their tests with their new mobile responsible extensions for entirely testing.

To be honest. I am personally pretty pretty sure that after those extensions are working with Version 6 even much more developers and customers will use TEMPLAVOILA to get their sites up and running. Those new and updated extensions will give TYPO3 a big boost into the right direction using TEMPLAVOILA until TYPO3 5.0 - which had still no new name is so stable and equipped like the Templavoila sites right now - which might take another 4-5 years.

In other words TEMPLAVOILA with a step by step more integrated extbase fluid way is the way the CORE Devs should focus on until FED FLUID EXTBASE or TYPO3 Version 5 is mature and equipped enough in their TYPO3 6. Beta Releases.

Lets hope that RealUrl AND Templavoila are running at least in the next Beta Version 3 of TYPO3 6.0 so that extensions depending on those 2 major TYPO3 extensions can be tested entirely BEFORE TYPO3 Version 6 gets released in its first stable Version!

Cheers

Andi

Sent from Andi's iPhone