[TYPO3-english] A TYPO3 quick start package...

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Fri Sep 21 00:02:44 CEST 2012

Hi Stig,

Stig Nørgaard Færch wrote:

> I know that there is the Introduction Package - but that only includes
> one template, right?

TYPO3 refers to itself as an enterprise content management *framework*.

Thus integrating an already build HTML template into TYPO3 is a common task
for integrators.

On top of that, TYPO3 needs many adoptions for extensions because it misses
a common guideline on how to create extension templates (HTML structure and
class/CSS).
Furthermore there are multiple template approaches where most of them
require additional extensions to be installed.

Looking at the need of most integrators and the possibility to easily
integrate any given HTML markup via automaketemplate/TypoScript, I think it
is not very surprising that a so small amount of templates exists.

To be honest, if you really have a simple site with one domain, a few pages
and some news, you better use another CMS like Drupal that comes with many
templates. There is nothing wrong with using TYPO3, but it is not worth
learning all the stuff you need to know for TYPO3 of your are not going to
take advantage of it.

Cheers
Documentation – linkvalidator
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!