[TYPO3-english] Typo3 advice needed

bernd wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Thu Sep 20 10:35:06 CEST 2012

Am 19.09.2012 14:11, schrieb Shahil Sham:
> Hello,
>
> I am doing an upcoming project in Typo3 and getting into the basics have
> been overwhelming.
> Can anyone give me a sample template of how to add content to a specific
> div in a my html template using typoscript?
> I can print the content and the layouts seperately, but have no idea how to
> print it within the template defined below:
>
> *# Template content object:*
> *temp.mainTemplate = TEMPLATE*
> *temp.mainTemplate {*
> *  template = FILE*
> *  template.file = fileadmin/template/customTemplate_1.html*
> *  workOnSubpart = DOCUMENT_BODY*
> *  subparts.INSIDE_HEADER = HTML*
> *  subparts.INSIDE_HEADER.value = {field:title}*
> *  subparts.INSIDE_HEADER.value.insertData = 1*
> *  subparts.INSIDE_CONTENT = CONTENT*
> *  subparts.INSIDE_CONTENT.value = < styles.content.get*
> *  subparts.INSIDE_CONTENT.value.insertData = 1*
> *  subparts.INSIDE_FOOTER = HTML*
> *  subparts.INSIDE_FOOTER.value = &copy 2012. All rights reserved*
> *}*
>
> *# Default PAGE object:*
> *page = PAGE*
> *page.typeNum = 0*
>
> *page.9 < temp**.mainTemplate*
>
> I tried the highlighted style, but didnt get it. I would like a sample HTML
> template and a Typoscript template to refer if possible. Thanks
> Also, What is a decent method for creating a custom Template. The many
> outdated tutorials, and with many methods like Viola and Template Parser,
> which is better to follow?
> PS, I've been doing PHP development, HTML, CSS, Joomla for few years, and
> this is my first attempt at Typo3.
>
> --
> Shahil Sham
>
> ss at phases.dk
> skype: shahilsham

some time ago the UG-NRW developed a very simple base-configuration
called the mastertemplate, which also had in the very first version an
english documentation.

http://ug.typo3-nrw.de/mastertemplate.html

so there is no english translation of the second version (1.1), I think
after reading the first version you may understand the working of the second

the base of the mastertemplate and especially the documentation ist to
understand the working with HTML- and typoscript-templates (and to get a
good structure in the configuration, so others can understand your work.

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html