[TYPO3-english] TYPO3 6.0.0Beta2 and TemplaVoila

Georg Ringer typo3 at ringerge.org
Wed Sep 19 14:32:20 CEST 2012

Hi,

I don't use TV but still some words about 6.0:

TYPO3 6.0 includes *huge* cleanup and refactoring as it is a truly major
version since a long time (like 4.5.0, 4.0) and yes many things won't
work anymore but

* this is the only chance to do proper cleanups
* extensions which are under development will be adopted for sure (as I
do for my news extension) and many others
* you can't get always new features without breaking anything
* I broke for sure the gridelements with 6.0 but cleaned the page
module. so? should I now check *every* extension which adds things there?
* Report issues to the bugtracker and they get fixable
* Don't expect always answers within 4 hours while working hours in Europe

Georg