[TYPO3-english] Typo3 advice needed

Shahil Sham ss at phases.dk
Wed Sep 19 14:11:04 CEST 2012

Hello,

I am doing an upcoming project in Typo3 and getting into the basics have
been overwhelming.
Can anyone give me a sample template of how to add content to a specific
div in a my html template using typoscript?
I can print the content and the layouts seperately, but have no idea how to
print it within the template defined below:

*# Template content object:*
*temp.mainTemplate = TEMPLATE*
*temp.mainTemplate {*
*  template = FILE*
*  template.file = fileadmin/template/customTemplate_1.html*
*  workOnSubpart = DOCUMENT_BODY*
*  subparts.INSIDE_HEADER = HTML*
*  subparts.INSIDE_HEADER.value = {field:title}*
*  subparts.INSIDE_HEADER.value.insertData = 1*
*  subparts.INSIDE_CONTENT = CONTENT*
*  subparts.INSIDE_CONTENT.value = < styles.content.get*
*  subparts.INSIDE_CONTENT.value.insertData = 1*
*  subparts.INSIDE_FOOTER = HTML*
*  subparts.INSIDE_FOOTER.value = &copy 2012. All rights reserved*
*}*

*# Default PAGE object:*
*page = PAGE*
*page.typeNum = 0*

*page.9 < temp**.mainTemplate*

I tried the highlighted style, but didnt get it. I would like a sample HTML
template and a Typoscript template to refer if possible. Thanks
Also, What is a decent method for creating a custom Template. The many
outdated tutorials, and with many methods like Viola and Template Parser,
which is better to follow?
PS, I've been doing PHP development, HTML, CSS, Joomla for few years, and
this is my first attempt at Typo3.

--
Shahil Sham

ss at phases.dk