[TYPO3-english] shared extensions issue

Björn Pedersen pedersen at frm2.tum.de
Tue Sep 18 15:17:20 CEST 2012

Am 18.09.2012 15:04, schrieb tom liu:
> Hi,
>
> *1. probably the extension folder is just a symlink to a common storage*
> How could I know if the extension folder is a symlink?

This you have to check at file system level.

> *2. If you have to change it per site, you have to install it individually
> (probably needs filesystem access in your case).*
> Every site has the extension "ajax_search" installed, I can see it through
> extension manager.

Yes, in the extension manager you can see no difference.

> *3. maybe the template path can be set by TypoScript, then just point it to
> a template in fileadmin of your site.*
> In ext_typoscript_setup.txt, there is such code:
> plugin.tx_ajaxsearch_pi1 {
>  templateFile = EXT:ajax_search/res/template.html
> Does this mean template path point to the local site?

No, this still points to the extension folder , which seems to be shared
in your case.

Just change that in your top-level typoscript setup:
 plugin.tx_ajaxsearch_pi1 {
   templateFile = fileadmin/mytemplates/template.html
}

(Don't forget to upload your changed template to this folder.)

Björn