[TYPO3-english] shared extensions issue

tom liu tomliutest at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 15:04:45 CEST 2012

Hi,

*1. probably the extension folder is just a symlink to a common storage*
How could I know if the extension folder is a symlink?

*2. If you have to change it per site, you have to install it individually
(probably needs filesystem access in your case).*
Every site has the extension "ajax_search" installed, I can see it through
extension manager.

*3. maybe the template path can be set by TypoScript, then just point it to
a template in fileadmin of your site.*
In ext_typoscript_setup.txt, there is such code:
plugin.tx_ajaxsearch_pi1 {
 templateFile = EXT:ajax_search/res/template.html
Does this mean template path point to the local site?

Tom