[TYPO3-english] Secure file access

Graham Knight graham.knight5 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 13:37:40 CEST 2012

Dear All,

Is there a TYPO3 extension that allows access permissions to be applied to files? For example I would like to be able to ensure that a certain file is only accessible when a user is logged in to a particular FE group.

Currently I am using the Secure Downloads (naw_securedl) extension. This almost does what I want in that if I have a page whose access is restricted to (say) FE group 6 then file URLs on that page are mapped to URLs that work only for people logged in to group 6. However, if I put a link to the same file from an unsecured page then a link is generated that works for everyone. I have lots of backend editors and I cannot guarantee that one of them will not make this mistake.

Graham