[TYPO3-english] is IndexedSearch (extbase) working at all?

Peter Jaraczewski peter at norvlit.de
Mon Sep 17 12:32:43 CEST 2012

Hello Malinglist,

I'm trying to set up the extbase based version of IndexedSearch. I'm
running the TYPO3 Version from git currently version 4.7.4.

- I managed to set up a proper indexing via crawler (multilanguage &
tx_news).
- I managed to fix the paginator with some help from the irc. It's
displaying properly now (just displaying). The PageBrowsingViewHelper is
a bit messy… -> bug request will follow
- I managed to setup a searchbox with a custom fluid template and place
it fixed in my template. But I'm not sure if my USER Object is set up
properly, due the missing hidden field values.

my USER object: http://pastebin.com/9uSu2aHF

- I wasn't able to provide some values for the hidden fields of the
IndexedSearch form.
- I didn't manage to get the paginator to work, because it relies on
some hidden fields of the indexedSearch form.
- As far as I understood accessing variables in PHP, some of the
variables used in several methods of IndexedSearch, have no values at
all, but are used for division f.e.

Is this extension ready for use? Some basic functionality seems to be
already there, but i can't imagine the author got this extension
properly set up during the rewrite, did he?

Any response would be nice!

Regards,

Peter