[TYPO3-english] ue gets displayed as ü

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Sun Sep 16 09:22:12 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 16-9-2012 6:01, Andreas Becker wrote:
> In one site we have a strange behavior of the word "Rescue" - it gets
> displayed as "Rescü" - ae stays ae - oe stays oe etc but ue changes to ü in
> the frontend.
> In the backend everything gets displayed correct!
>
> Debian 6 en_GB.utf8 TYPO3 4.7.4 php 5.3
> The site itself is HTML5

Can you investigate a bit more? Try to find out things like:

Is it in a content element or text via TypoScript or text from a local
lang string in an extension or ...?
Which content element, which Typoscript, wich extension, ... ?

If it is an RTE field can you check the record in the database to see
what is stored there? (Text in RTE gets converted from browser to
database to frontend, etc.) Which RTE?

If the displayed text is edited again in the backend, is it displayed
correctly then?

Is it displayed as Rescü in different browsers? If the text is edited in
a different browser or different computer is it also displayed incorrect
in the frontend?

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 Core Team member