[TYPO3-english] Need help with new introduction package installation

Russ Profant russ at datastreamprocessor.com
Fri Sep 14 15:32:03 CEST 2012

Hello,

I have 2 issues that prevent me from using Typo3:

1) I have an installation in the web root '/var/www'. Upon installation
I am redirected to 'localhost/get-started' and get the 404 error. I
enabled mod_rewrite, I put AlloOverride into httpd.conf file for the web
root directory. I put 'LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so'
into httpd.conf too, still not working.

2) Second issue is the login to the back end. When I login as admin I
get an error:

#1270853930: TYPO3 Fatal Error: Error: This host address ("localhost")
and the referer host ("") mismatches!<br /> It's possible that the
environment variable HTTP_REFERER is not passed to the script because of
a proxy.<br /> The site administrator can disable this check in the "All
Configuration" section of the Install Tool (flag:
TYPO3_CONF_VARS[SYS][doNotCheckReferer])

When I set the variable 'TYPO3_CONF_VARS[SYS][doNotCheckReferer]' to 1
as suggested in the error I cannot login at all, it always says that my
login is invalid.

Any help would be appreciated.

--Russ
wwww.DataStreamProcessor.com