[TYPO3-english] CoolURI and URL conflicts

Daniel Lundsgaard Skovenborg waldeinburg at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 22:31:52 CEST 2012

Hi,

Sorry, if this obvious problem has already been discussed, but I could
not find anything on Google.
If two different DirtyURIs translate to the same CoolURI, then ideally
something like "-#" (where -# is a number) should be added to the end,
I think. Is CoolURI currently capable of this? Certain parameters
(like cHash) should be ignored, of course.

Of course, pages with the same name and the same parent would be a
very bad structure. But for a downloads section it actually makes
sense to have downloads with the same name if it's the same file in
different formats, and there's no confusion as long as there's
different icons for the formats next to the names. E.g.
    [pdf-icon] Manual
    [doc-icon] Manual
Maybe I could somehow use tx_cooluri::cool2params in my extension for
ab_downloads to check for conflicts, but it would be a hack, because
the functions for CoolURIConf.xml only knows about their specific part
of the URL, not the final result, and changes in the configuration
would then break the extension.
Or I could tell the BE-users to avoid name conflicts, but this will
only work as long as they remember to do so, and I think it is bad
design to make the user work *against* the system rather than *with*
the system.

Regards,
Daniel Lundsgaard Skovenborg

--