[TYPO3-english] typo3 v.4.7.4 and global scope

Alessandro Tuveri at at uniud.it
Fri Sep 7 10:20:13 CEST 2012

Thank you veruy much to all people.
I firmly think that GLOBAL SCOPE should be available and preserved as
an individual option for the WEB ADMINISTRATOR.

I suppose that, like me, many peple still using Global Scope.

If there is a few +ext that doesn't work correctly, there is not a
good reason to drop the GLOBAL SCOPE because for a vast number of +ext
this work correctly.

Finally the whole thing is a bit misterious: documentation to develope
new +ext (May 2012) reports that G scope still exists, variables
available, etc.

OK I hope this is a bug and my suggestion is to fix this as soon as
possible because many people cannot update to 4.6/4.7.

Jigal van Hemert <jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org> ha scritto:

> Hi,
>
> On 7-9-2012 1:12, Alessandro Tuveri wrote:
>> Unfortunately I have not a large experience with ExtJS but we can
>> collaborate to find a solution.
>
> That would be great!
>
>> Finally remains some misterious things such as:
>> * typo3/ext directory still exists
>> * allowGlobalInstall still exists
>> * ... flags L/G still exists
>
> At one time there was the idea to drop Global for installing
> extensions at all. There were enough people who actually used
> globally installed extensions to not drop it.
>
> In the extension manager it was just an unfinished feature. During
> development of the EM the possible locations were just hardcoded in
> the javascript and this part was never finished to reflect the
> allow...Install settings.
>
>> there is any developer here to get some tech infos?!?
>
> In typo3/sysext/em/res/js/em_components.js lines 594-607 the
> selector is defined:
> TYPO3.EM.UploadLocationCombo = new Ext.form.ComboBox({
>
> This refers to TYPO3.EM.LocationStore for the available options.
> This is defined in the same file on lines 502-511:
> TYPO3.EM.LocationStore = new Ext.data.JsonStore({
>
> I tried to define a store (like in em_repositorylist.js lines 71...
> ), but couldn't make this work.
>
> I hope to have some time tonight to make a dummy store provider in
> PHP. If you can get the ExtJS stuff working the PHP part is very
> easy...
>
> Thanks for having a look at it!
>
> --
> Jigal van Hemert