[TYPO3-english] temp_cached page issue

Björn Pedersen pedersen at frm2.tum.de
Wed Sep 5 08:48:58 CEST 2012

Am 05.09.2012 05:28, schrieb Adam Kenny:
> Hi,
>
> I am fairly new to typo3.  Our church site was developed using typo3 as the
> CMS.  The original developer has moved away and the site was running fine
> until we upgraded to php 5.3 and typo 4.1.6 was throwing errors.  I read
> the documentation on upgrading, uploaded 4.2.9, changed the sym links, ran
> the database updates, and now my home page looks like a bunch of PHP code:
>
> http://cloverhillumc.org/
>
> I have been tinkering with the site for hours and found this seems to be an
> issue with temp_CACHED_ps67e0_ext_localconf.php in the typeo3conf
> directory.  If i delete this file, then refresh the page, the site looks
> the way it should.  After the temp_cached file shows up again, it looks as
> it does now.  I must have done something wrong during the upgrade and
> cannot figure out what is populating the temp_cached files, or why its
> populating it in this manner.  I have also truncated the cache tables in
> the database.

Hi,

this looks like one of the ext_localconf.php file in typo3conf/ext/...
is damaged. Check by looking at line 211 in the cache file which
extension this could be (it should be the that is appearing before this
line.  Probably there is some white space at the start or end of this
ext_localconf.php file.

And you probably should also upgrade your extensions as well. And
consider upgrading at least to 4.5LTS.

Björn