[TYPO3-english] Empty Alt-Tags in images (4.7.4)

Torsten Bahr typo3-english at bahr-net.de
Sun Sep 2 07:47:22 CEST 2012

Hi Philipp,

it's obvious, that the extension used other fields, but that is not the problem. If I'm now using the standard fields, the alt-tags stay empty, even though the extension isn't active anymore. What the extension did was the following:

Setup:
tt_content.image.20.altText < tt_content.textpic.20.altText

So normally I would assume, that after uninstalling the extension, the usual fields should be used again. But even an additional

tt_content.image.20.altText = TEXT
tt_content.image.20.altText.field = altText

in my Setup doesn't make a difference. I already tried several variations with tt_content or styles.content, but no success. I also already checked the database. If I add new "Alternative Texts" to an object, the database fields altText and titleText will be filled correctly. Typo3 just isn't using them.

Thanks for your help,
Torsten