[TYPO3-english] How do I pass variables from TypoScript to FED

Peter Jaraczewski peter at norvlit.de
Wed Oct 31 17:15:38 CET 2012

Hello Peter,

you cann pass any variables to fluid/extbase based extensions like this:
plugin.tx_myExt.settings.myVar = myValue

f.e:

plugin.tx_yag.settings.canvasSupport = 1

[browser = msie] && [version = < 9]
plugin.tx_yag.settings.canvasSupport = 0
[global]

and access them in fluid like this:

Assuming this is a YAG Template file: <f:if
condition="{settings.canvasSupport}" …

Regards

Peter