[TYPO3-english] Different Fluid layouts for different pages. How to implement?

Michael Albers (Concatenate) info at concatenate.nl
Sat Oct 27 17:31:33 CEST 2012

Hello list,

It's been a long time since I did a bit of TYPO3 work and now I want rebuild
my website from scratch. I want to drop TemplaVoila and move on to Fluid.

I have a question about fluid templates. How should I implement multiple
layouts?

Let's say, a main layout for most pages, a completely different layout for
the about us page and a completely different layout for the home page.

I would guess, i should make three base layouts in the layouts directory.
But I can't get it to work in the front end. Always the same layout is used.

Or am I wrong and should there be only one layout and the rest done by
templates and partials?

I'm probably too rusty in TYPO3, so I hope someone can point me in the right
direction. I couldn't find a solution in the mailing list archives or anyway
where on the net.

Thanks in advance.

Michael