[TYPO3-english] Extjs Borderlayout

Kay Strobach typo3 at kay-strobach.de
Thu Oct 25 12:38:41 CEST 2012

Hello Jigal,

> jQuery was supposed to be included and supported in 6.0. Unfortunately
> only the part of shipping a jQuery version with TYPO3 and a few settings
> to load it were done. Part of the project should have been to include an
> API to manage options and version, and to replace the
> prototype/scriptaculous stuff.

I know :D

> Full support for jQuery is now targeted for 6.1. Maybe you can help with
> the API and prototype replacement? If that is present it would be great
> to use jQuery layouts too.

Sadly :D

> Maybe you can tell a bit about the impact it has or could have on
> extensions with BE modules?

Basicly all direct ExtJS Component References will fail, this can impact
the new introduced cardlayout, but this can be handled easily with some
JS conditions.

Also Extension which modify the backend.php output in anyway can be
effected - this needs to be tested and than documented.

Perhaps we can have a skype meeting tomorrow or on friday :D

I'd like to discuss may ideas and make a plan before i do headless coding :D

Regards
Kay

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!
Get involved: http://typo3.org

Answer was useful - feel free to donate:
  -
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=KPM9NAV73VDF2
  - https://flattr.com/profile/kaystrobach