[TYPO3-english] RealUrl: enableAllUnicodeLetters VS. specCharsToASCII

Stephan Schuler Stephan.Schuler at netlogix.de
Mon Oct 22 13:25:28 CEST 2012

Hey there.

For a site with several languages (such as Chinese, Korean, Polish, German and English) I enabled enableAllUnicodeLetters to have urls reflecting the real page names.
Especially for Chinese and Korean this is relevant, because there is no ASCII-mapping table for those languages.

When it comes to e.g. Russian or Polish where a ASCII mapping table exists, this kind of conflicts with enableAllUnicodeLetters because page titles are translated to ASCII strings instead of using the url_encoded version of the page title.

To give a real world example:

·         My page is named “Products & Solutions”

·         This pages is translated “製品と測定手法” for Chinese and “Продукты & Решения” for Russian.

·         The English page path gets transformed to “products-solutions” because of lower-case handling and the hyphen as spaceCharacter.

·         The Chinese page path gets transformed to “%E8%A3%BD%E5%93%81%E3%81%A8%E6%B8%AC%E5%AE%9A%E6%89%8B%E6%B3%95” which is exactly the url_encoded version of “製品と測定手法”. This is fine.

·         The Russian page path gets transformed to “produkty-reshenija” because of specCharsToASCII. This is not what I want. Because of having enableAllUnicodeLetters set, I would like to have the url_encoded version of the original page title here, too.

Am I the only one being confused why those there’s this kind of inconsistent behavior?

I would use the specCharsToASCII only if enableAllUnicodeLetters is set. Or do I miss something?

What about all the other multi language guys, especially from Thailand? How do you handle speaking urls?

Regards,

Stephan Schuler
Web-Entwickler

Telefon: +49 (911) 539909 - 0
E-Mail: Stephan.Schuler at netlogix.de
Website: media.netlogix.de<http://media.netlogix.de>

--
netlogix GmbH & Co. KG
IT-Services | IT-Training | Media

netlogix GmbH & Co. KG ist eingetragen am Amtsgericht Nürnberg (HRA 13338)
Persönlich haftende Gesellschafterin: netlogix Verwaltungs GmbH (HRB 20634)
Umsatzsteuer-Identifikationsnummer: DE 233472254
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Buchta, Matthias Schmidt