[TYPO3-english] Rebranding: Get the green back

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Mon Oct 22 11:14:18 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 22-10-2012 8:24, bernd wilke wrote:
> Am 20.10.2012 14:35, schrieb Katja Lampela:
>> 20.10.2012 12:53, Georg Ringer kirjoitti:
>>> A customer doesn't really care as he doesn't even know that there is a
>>> new and an old logo.
>>
>> This is so true. Without any sarcasm: customers don't usually see TYPO3
>> (logo or any other brand presentation) anywhere else in their lives but
[...]
> Do you realy treat your customres with such an ignorance?
>
> shame on you. :-(
>
> Most of my customers are interested in TYPO3. They buy books, read the
> website, partly register to the security-ML.

This has nothing to do with treating customers with ignorance. Perhaps
you have a special kind of customer who is interested in the product
they work with. In general customers just want an effective website.

Perhaps you have customers who come to you for a TYPO3 website. For most
projects this is not the case. Customers are looking for a new website
and think that some kind of CMS would be handy for updating the content.
They ask for offers from agencies who work with various CMSes and choose
one them based on which fits their demands and which solution is the
cheapest.

> they will know about the new logo in a short time. and they will ask
> wether it is another TYPO3 their website is running and which is
> described in the books, the website, ...

Since you know that your customers will notice the different logo it is
your task or responsibility to communicate that to them. Explain the
change and you can also explain that they will see the old logo for a
while in printed material and on websites. They will understand that you
won't throw away your printed material.

Generally speaking: if a small TYPO3 company builds a dozen websites a
year, makes a few dozen offers, then it might not have been a wise
decision in general to order a pile of ten thousand brochures. New TYPO3
versions come twice a year, with new features and changes in how it looks...

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 Core Team member

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!