[TYPO3-english] Rebranding: Get the green back

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Sat Oct 20 22:09:02 CEST 2012

Hi Tolleiv Nietsch,

Tolleiv Nietsch wrote:

> I saw how the community reacted when the T3O stuff was brought to
> preview last year - angry blogposts, useless blaming never asking for
> reasons - all of that, but no additional contribution. And even the ones
> that seemed to be constructive didn't get up and do things. The same
> happens over and over again. Sure, more and more communication is good -
> but look at the way you (community) communicate back.

There were suggestion, and even helping hands, but most stuff was ignored,
e.g. the CSS only version for me menu.

> The TYPO3 association was always asked to communicate more, especially
> regarding the budgets - right at the moment the budget applications [1]
> have got ~310 responses. Assuming that the authors responds are counted
> in, these 49 budget proposals together just got as much attention as
> this single flame. There's the chance to be part of discussions upfront
> - doesn't seem that this chance is properly used.

It is pretty hard to follow the discussion, because there is no mail
notification for new topics (at least not for me, even through I watch all
topics).
The newsgroups are way more easy to use and to *follow*.

Best regards
Documentation – linkvalidator
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!