[TYPO3-english] Rebranding: Get the green back

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Sat Oct 20 15:58:16 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 16-10-2012 15:21, Véronique Julmy wrote:
> For our small company, the change of the TYPO3 logo is difficult to
> accept. We have invested in sales promotional materials. Today, these
> investments have been whipped out.

As was indicated in a few other posts, customers usually are not aware
that much about the product their website is made with, the name or the
actual logo.

If you look at the websites of the larger TYPO3 agencies you'll notice
that they aren't using the new logo yet. If I were you I wouldn't worry
too much about losing any investments.
Talk to your designer about the new logo and colours. See how can you
integrate them in your new material. There are logos available in
orange, white and black; one of them must fit your own designs somehow.

Even if you would change to the new logo in your electronic material, I
bet that no client will think that there is something wrong with either
version. The shape of the logo is the same, the typeface of the name is
the same, the orange colour is the same; the differences are a lot
smaller to most people than many here think.
Your clients want an effective website and they want to be able to use
the CMS to modify the content. If you have a good portfolio to convince
them to order a website from you, if you produce an effective frontend
and if you make the backend easy to use then you will continue to have
happy customers.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 Core Team member