[TYPO3-english] worried about 4.x (6.x)

Georg Ringer typo3 at ringerge.org
Sat Oct 13 16:15:55 CEST 2012

Hi,

just to answer here too.

Am 13.10.2012 15:29, schrieb Thomas Skierlo:
> I can see the problem of core team being too busy. One reason might be a
> very tight release schedule. Do we really need a new sub-release all
> three month?

Yeah this is a never ending disucssion but the 6month releases are
really fine and of course they got pros and cons. Just one advantage: If
a feature doesn't make it into a new version, you just need to wait
6months.

> How many extensions will I loose after the next one? That's
> what I mean when I say: "Give peope a break to keep up, give yourself a
> break to improve things you've once started halfheartedly

We as the core team really look that things don't break, functions are
deprecated at least 2 versions which means 1 year before the extension
developers knows which things will change and how they will change.

Having a longer release cylce still wouldn't help as just even more
things change between 2 versions.

Georg