[TYPO3-english] Rebranding: Get the green back

Martin Bless m.bless at gmx.de
Thu Oct 11 15:48:15 CEST 2012

Hi Gina,

it's good to see that you post sounds friendly and appreciating.
Thanks for that.

>lets do a time travel back in time... to the moment when we switched the
>triple sheet logo to the orange/green logo.

But: As you point out: Thanks to Rasmus that was the moment when
the TYPO3 logo switched from "just a nice icon" to a
"professional" logo/brand. And we've had six remarkable years with
professional marketing. And this icon IS a success. So there's
much more to loose now.

>i'm taking this discussion serious

I'm really thankful for that.

>it is the second time by rasmus (so i really trust in his professionalism)
>and since the two former changes enhanced things, i'm sure this third will too.

Oops, that's the attitude I can't tune in. What a burdon for
Rasmus. Is he garanteed to be right? We would not base other
important decisions in our lives on what experts say only because
they are professional experts. Usually we never stop thinking
ourselves and we keep on listening to our own feelings.

>last but not least the communication takes place.

Ok, go ahead, you can thank *me* for that :-) But no, seriously,
I'm always looking for *concrete* steps that can be done.

Proposal:
To improve communication: I'm proposing to implement a mailing
list "typo3-about" @lists.typo3.org to have the right space for
meta discussions like this one. I'm asking you to support this
idea. Or is there a better idea?

cheers ...

Martin

--
Certified TYPO3 Integrator | TYPO3 Documentation Team Member

http://mbless.de