[TYPO3-english] Rebranding: Get the green back

Rasmus Skjoldan rasmus at typo3.org
Thu Oct 11 13:27:33 CEST 2012

> Sry, the colored one (two colors) is better recognizeable.

I do agree.

Recognizability is just not the goal here - which seems to be the
premise of a lot of posts in this thread.

End goals are, from my point of view:

* Visually understructure the major product changes happening (basically
telling the world we're making new stuff)

* Strengthen the most essential markers of the TYPO3 visual identity
(name, logo shape, color, font, HCI of our products etc.)

* Simplify everyones ability to easily adhere to our CI

We have *lots* of brand equity to build upon. Which is pretty
magnificent. I'd argue we have more than enough of recognizability,
maybe even too much in some respects - what we need is a bit of newness.
Without losing our soul, our community or ability to write extremely
long posts about ourselves :-)

> I also asked my designer :D:

I asked my cat too :D

> "Where is the TYPO3 Logo" - He pointed at the two color version ;)
> "Where is the second logo" - He search 20 secs an pointed to the new
> one, with a scary smile ...

You could do comparisons like that for all logo changes that ever
happened in the world of visual symbolic differentiating markers -
everyone will obviously respond to what they've grown accostumed to. Our
brains are inherently lazy.

After some time, everyone will easily recognize the new aesthetics of
the shape, hopefully associating it to the general awesomeness of TYPO3
CMS, Neos, Flow and a smashing community.

Best,
Rasmus