[TYPO3-english] Rebranding: Get the green back

Stefan Neufeind typo3.neufeind at speedpartner.de
Thu Oct 11 12:52:21 CEST 2012

On 10/10/2012 09:45 AM, Christian Nölle wrote:

[...]

> Very good point. I think, most of the people are tending to "explode"
> because that was the way choosen to communicate the change by the
> "unkown" team.
> The decision was made, maybe internally discussed (at least I hope so)
> and then rushed to the public on T3CON12DE.
>
> Due to this it is absolutely clear and a very human reaction. To which
> addressee should people react? They got none and so it is discharging in
> blogs, twitter...

It was mentioned that the "news" were in the wild and discussed before
"the team" planned to release them. Okay, maybe.
But what is to be learned from this imho can not be to next time try
harder to make things even more secret :-) Well, I think you got the point.

And although it was mentioned this has been planned and there were
rumours for a long time, I agree that is was "rushed". Maybe just rushed
because T3CON12DE was "next week". It's a bit like Christmas always
comes so quickly :-)
Since some days before the conference for example the new name "Flow"
was known I hoped that people would at least update the
conference-website to not include FLOW3 over and over again - not to
mention the name-change for Phoenix/Neos. But hey ... that's history
now. Let's improve it from now on, please.

For me the disappointment about the communication-mess has meanwhile
settled and I feel like we should just continue with the "new" logo etc.
I don't feel that bad about it and can live with it. Rolling back now
and trying to change history will make an even worse impact.

It's just that I deeply hope that "people" (whoever that might be next
time) will learn from it. Well, that's what I already hoped when the
versioning-chaos was forced upon us from one day to the other (and
without for example the certification-team involved!). But let's see
next time if we, as a community, can maybe do a bit better.

Regards,
 Stefan