[TYPO3-english] RealURL and single record page

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Thu Oct 11 12:48:28 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 11-10-2012 11:34, Tomaz Zaman wrote:
> On normal pages, the alternative language link (flag image) does not
> appear if the page itself is not translated,
>
> and I'd like the same behaviour for the plugin (the plugin is pretty
> much a copy of the one from Dmitry's extension development book).

This has nothing to do with RealURL. RealURL makes sure that before the
rest of the system receives the URL it is transformed to a "normal" URL
with all the usual parameters like id=xx L=yy tx_myext_pi1[param]=zzz

If you created the language menu using a HMENU with special=language
then you have to create a special language menu for the single view page
of your extension. The HMENU only looks at translations of the page.

You could include a PHP function in your extension to handle this. Look
at the explanation of special=userfunction [1]

[1]
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/core-documentation/doc_core_tsref/4.7.0/view/1/7/#id785265

--
Jigal van Hemert