[TYPO3-english] worried about 4.x (6.x)

Tolleiv Nietsch tolleiv.nietsch at typo3.org
Thu Oct 11 08:13:58 CEST 2012

Hi Andi,

you're wrong - really. One of the reasons that I was asked to join the
Core team was my work for TemplaVoila. Also keep in mind that at the
beginning of me taking part in TV there were actually two of the most
active Core members maintaining TV (Dmitry, Steffen K.).

I've NEVER seen anyone blocking my work - at least not from within the
Core team.

What I hear and what you should respect is that not everyone is using
TemplaVoila. They all have their reasons as you have yours for using TV.
There's also some criticism and lot's of people who roll their eyes
because they get around with the classic templates - who cares.

But: one of the arguments to get something into the Core would be a
strong and active community and a well maintained code-base. And neither
is the case with TV - mainly because there's just not time wherein I
could do that myself.

Regarding the issues with new releases - that's just what every
extension maintainer has to do and depending on how strong the support
from the community is this happens fast or slow ;)

Cheers,
Tolleiv

--
Tolleiv Nietsch