[TYPO3-english] worried about 4.x (6.x)

Andi cocopapa at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 03:43:50 CEST 2012

Phillip it is not contributors

it is most of core developers who dont care since yearsas this problem is coming up with nearly every new version update of typo3 since years.

Nor the standard templating way, nor the fluid extbase stuff, nor any other templating way and for sure not grid elements and all related stuff can provide a feature set or flexibility that TemplaVoila is providing since years!

A lot of great stuff which enhances even the flexibility and feature and most of all the usability of typo3 with templavoila is depending on TV as TV is depending on the core.

Since years people complain about TV and support only the old fashioned standard way and they try since years to reproduce something comparable to TV but since years there is nothing more than wasted time to realize that we would need perhaps another 5-10 years untilsomething similar with at least the same flexibility and features will be existing.

Neos - ok nice - lots of threads that even the installation is not working.

Gridelements extbase fluid etc check it out multilingual with workspaces and on sites with higher traffic

standard - the customer dependency - way helps devs to be in job for longer time but in terms of usability for customers - help to do it myself - itis a complete failure since 2002.

With templavoila and especially with the upcoming version of the framework for templavoila Typo3 will have some great stuff you wont find in any other CMS but all those good stuff gets over and over blocked by standard Core Devs!

If they would start supporting TV from Core since years than TYPO3 would not need new colors or even new Names like Neos etc. Than Typo3 would be the NO1

tell me one other CMS which has a comparable set of features flexibility and usability beside the fact that even kids understand how to design nice pages like with TYPO3 when it is used with TemplaVoila. you wont find any.

So simply dont waste time to block good things and trying to reinvent things when the best is already there to be made even much better

if all the money the time the energy would have been gone into imrovement of TV instead of things which sound nice and look like nikelodeon but which are simply far behind in usability than TYPO3 would be not getinng more and more typo3 with every new core release.

Please read again what Toleiv summarized about the benefits of TemplaVoila or ask companies why they since years promote using typo3 WITH templavoila on their websites - the best you can find about the real benefits of typo3.

Make it fair - support Dmitry, Toleiv Ron Hall, Jeff Segars etc.  the same way you support people which make us waiting for the revolutionized non plus ultra CMS which will never happen.

Those are people which really made TYPO3 usable also for non prorammers and especially customers with no big IT background. They followed the inspire to share idea

Sent from Andi's iPhone