[TYPO3-english] Rebranding: Get the green back

Ralf-Rene Schröder ralf.rene at online.de
Thu Oct 11 03:36:11 CEST 2012

Am 11.10.2012 00:12, schrieb Martin Bless:
>> That printing and displaying the green color has always given us
>> problems
>
> I understand that two colors may be more expensive in print than
> one. But that's the price for having a more expressive logo.
+1
and for thees guys they have problems with a two-colored logo
there ist the possibillity to use the monocrome logo (maybe in orange)

> trying to inform you that it's just the other way
> round for me? The green IS established. All over the web and in
> many brains. What do all the +1 in this thread tell you?
+1
and its not the point of like or dislike a color (i personaly absolutly
dislike green), but a well established orange/green logo is a brand that
hasn't to been thrown away (sorry for the bad bad english)

> So this has been a process that has been going on for a long time.
> I didn't know about that:
>
> - Why didn't you tell the public?
> - Where do you communicate?
> - Where do you keep notes on what's - basically - going on?
>
> I didn't see something like:
> "What do people think? Would it be ok to give up the green?"
+1
sure its not a must, but a litle bit more democracy would avoid problems

> I trusted the branding/design team that the 2006
> logo actually was the logo that *they meant*.
+1
i also... hoping the green comes back (Uhhh and that's me...)

>> Since we're a community with almost no centralized CI control, we need
>> something that's as simple to handle as possible - to all kinds of
>> people, with and without graphic design skills.
>
> Oh NO, that *cannot* be the way to go. Are you saying we have to
> create our logo for the graphically most incompetent and unskilled
> users? Do they set the standards we are going for?
+1
completly agree to this statement

> Do you find one argument in the above "much more important
> arguments" that point to the conclusion "let's remove the green"?
> I don't.
I also don't
The only point was better printing on t-shirts
and that could not be the reason to change a well known brand

> And remember all those orange/green instances of the logo out
> there in the wide (web) world:
>
> What makes you so sure that the green of the logo is gone in one
> or two years?
>
> Perhaps people stick to the green. Don't forget about the many
> derived creations: websites, videos, graphics, cards, ...
>
> I'm very sure the green will be around for a *very* long time. It
> had it's basis in the TYPO3 logo. And it will always remind us of
> TYPO3. But it doesn't have a basis at TYPO3 any more. Do you think
> that's clever? I don't.
it would be much more clever to use the established logo withe the new
namings - maybe step by step the only orange logo could be establishd
for all new names like Neos Flow etc.
but for the brand family TYPO3 and the TYPO3 CMS it would be the best
with the orange/green logo

> Wow, long posting. I hope you and others value my effort.
sure, fully agree with your post, not only with the +1 marked parts

--
image[FORMAT] - Ralf-René Schröder
http://image-format.eu ... Wir geben Ihrem Image das richtige Format