[TYPO3-english] Rebranding: Get the green back

Tonix (Antonio Nati) tonix at interazioni.it
Wed Oct 10 17:20:58 CEST 2012

Il 10/10/2012 16:26, Jigal van Hemert ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> On 10-10-2012 15:37, Tonix (Antonio Nati) wrote:
>> But TYPO3 is really loosing its pro attitudes!
>
> Can you explain a bit?

Coming from enterprise projects, I feel TYPO3 original founder had great
analysis skills, so TYPO3 architecture has been deeply thought and
designed. About actual developers, I have the feeling they are
technologically skilled but lack any architectural vision.

Did you even realize actual kickstarter is incompatible with a serious
usage of foreign keys in MySQL? If I want to use transactions and
foreign keys I have to make it externally to kickstarter. kickstarter is
a great tool, and with a few improvements would become a central point
for development. Making it better and more usable would have been a huge
improvement. A huge evolution in work quality!

I'd like to have better security features, better and safer login,
improved kickstart, improved MySQL DDL/DML handling, improved general
extension schemas, all things to improve robustness and security, and
which would improve team cohoperation.

Instead I see flow/beer tools which destroy teamwork and do not realize
at all what DDD means.

So, I see TYPO3 as going to be a webmaster tool, not a development
framework for serious developers.

>>> I can tell you that complains are the worst things to share in our
>>> community ;)
>>
>> In your vision of community there is no space for complaints? Just
>> sheeps saying yes?
>
> Complaints are a negative way to address an issue. Look in the mailing
> lists. More and more often when people encounter a problem they don't
> ask for help assuming that some configuration is wrong, but they start
> to complain about all the bugs they find, that it should have been
> fixed before the release and that testing isn't done anymore.
>
> Complaining and blaming is not a way to get the help you might want.
> It doesn't motivate people and it will often not result in the support
> you were looking for.

I don't see a solution, until actual technology oriented vision is
abandoned in favor of a analisys oriented vision.

The same about the orange. The technical vision (better shirt printing)
did not consider the community feeling, which is more important than
shirt printing.

Regards,

Tonino

         Inter at zioni            Interazioni di Antonio Nati
    http://www.interazioni.it      tonix at interazioni.it