[TYPO3-english] Rebranding: Get the green back

Rasmus Skjoldan rasmus at typo3.org
Wed Oct 10 13:17:28 CEST 2012

> Rasmus Skjoldan wrote:
>> Ehm, so you're basically saying I and all the others who've worked hard
>> on all this for 2 years are not part of the community - but primarily
>> the organization... This is plainly a wrong distinction, you make. From
>> my point of view.
>
> No, I did not say that :)

Okay :-)

> Design team is more like a [closed] circle
> within the community. I wrote that I did not see communication about
> this *important* work to the community. For example, in the core team we
> usually communicate projects and the rest, so the community knows what
> we do and what our goals are. Anybody can see th work in progress and
> comment on projects the core team does, anybody can participate. It is
> truly wide open.

Let's do that more (again), then. For my part, I'd love to push that
concerning design and branding stuff.

> It would be nice to know what goes on with branding and design too.

Absolutely!

> You are a part of the community but others are too. Logo concern many,
> not just the design team.

...which is something I like a lot about the TYPO3 community :-) That
people actually care what we work with in regard to design and branding.

> It is like a face for the system we all
> create. So it would be nice if this handled more openly. May be design
> stages are put online, etc. Than it will not be such a shock.

I think you're totally right about that. It does present other
challenges, though.

>> We've asked many many people for advice on these changes. People from
>> the community - as ourselves.
>
> Could you elaborate more on that? How did you ask? Just wondering.

There's just been endless debates about it, both face to face and via
email about it. We've tried many variations and many very different
solutions - and talked them over between design, marketing, core teams,
guys who were involved in the past and with a couple of outsiders. It's
a long story and it would go too far for me to account for it as so many
people have been involved in the discussion.

Best,
Rasmus