[TYPO3-english] Rebranding: Get the green back

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 11:41:22 CEST 2012

Hi!

Olivier Dobberkau wrote:
> I wonder if everyone contributing in this discusion is really aware of
> the outside view we create and the joy other product-makers have in
> telling that the TYPO3 Community is a bunch of disunited people.

In this thread people seem to be united. Count +1s for the old logo! :)

I fell more disunited when such decisions are given as a fact. This was the
key factor for me to stop actively contributing. Somebody decides something
and nobody cares how others feel about it. We have the community, which is
informal group of many people. We do not have an organization. In the
organization you can tell: "From now on we have this logo". In the
community it is much harder to tell like this because people come voluntary
here, contribute voluntarily and they can freely disagree. TYPO3 relies on
the community for contribution but it seems that many key questions bypass
the community and actually forced on it. It is like: "Please, community,
make your coding and we will decide on the rest for you". Does it create
good spirits in the community? I believe not.

Since logo concerns the whole community, I would prefer to see a poll on
the community web site about it. It would show that T3A really cares about
what people think. Now it does not seem so at all. Somebody decided
something and the community must accept wordlessly.

--
Dmitry Dulepov

Simplicity will save the world.