[TYPO3-english] Rebranding: Get the green back

Martin Bless m.bless at gmx.de
Tue Oct 9 16:53:56 CEST 2012

Jigal,

>> The all orange icon will clearly
>> loose if compared to the orange-green one in terms of
>> recognizability (Wiedererkennbarkeit).
>
>The only solution to this problem is to do research.

Yes, that's true. But for some things there is so called "face
validity". You don't have to spend much money and time to do
sophisticated experiments to agree with others about the outcome.

Let's say people are used to a longish three colored symbol: Red
on top, a yellow below and below that a green. Well, then you can
say, we want to simplify that and make all colors orange. We still
can identify those three because they have there place (analog to
the form of our logo). But color is such a strong additional
property. And of course it helps recognition a lot to have
different colors as well.

See this example:
http://www.clearlabelling.com/traffic_lights.htm

:-)

Martin

PS: Jigal, SCNR. Please don't feel fooled or offended personally.
That example has just come to my mind and shows what I mean and
what I'm feeling.

--
Certified TYPO3 Integrator | TYPO3 Documentation Team Member

http://mbless.de