[TYPO3-english] Rebranding: Get the green back

Martin Bless m.bless at gmx.de
Tue Oct 9 12:03:12 CEST 2012

Hi Jigal,

if I can I would restrict this thread to the topic of getting the
green back. How do you feel about that? What about my arguments?

>The shape is so unique and distinct that it really doesn't matter IMO.

As I wrote I surely have a different opinion there.

And I have reasons to doubt that. I studied and made my diploma in
Psychology. I learned programming for conducting psychological
realtime experiments on cognitive processes in visual recognition.
Later on I worked in a PR agency and learned - well - "something"
about how to deal with brands. The all orange icon will clearly
loose if compared to the orange-green one in terms of
recognizability (Wiedererkennbarkeit).

Do you know any brand experts that would put this in question:
"""You have to be very careful with brand changes. Don't change
anything unless there is really a good reason."""

>Be flexible, adapt to changes, welcome the future and above all,
>contribute with what you can do best (not personally addressed to you
>Martin as you already do a lot for the documentation).

That's exactly how I see it and what I'm doing. It is not a
situation though where we have to adapt to changes in the world
but a color change *was made* by some that is influencing the
world.

Now I'm asking the same from those who - IMHO - made a really bad
decision. Well, in dropping the green, you just made an error. We
all make errors all the time. But usually we like notes from
others where they have found an error we have overlooked. And then
we are happy to take that into account and to correct it. At least
that's how I feel habits are as long as developers are concerned.

I think I have given good reasons to NOT change the color scheme.
I have not heard good reasons to drop the green.

Nothing really bad has happened until now except that those who
decided to drop the green now should have the "Größe" (what's that
in english: human maturity) and flexibility to admit a
"suboptimal" (IMHO: really bad) decision and to revert that.

I'm in no way talking about other aspects of the rebranding
process. If somebody wants to do that (s)he should open a new
thread.

Over!

Martin

--
Certified TYPO3 Integrator | TYPO3 Documentation Team Member

http://mbless.de