[TYPO3-english] is TYPO3 a kid toy or a serious ECMS? was: Rebranding: Get the green back

bernd wilke t3ng at pi-phi.tk
Mon Oct 8 23:32:04 CEST 2012

Am Mon, 08 Oct 2012 10:34:20 +0200 schrieb Martin Bless:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm not interested in what happened when why and how in the past. I'm
> only interested in TYPO3 being successful. In this post I'm
> concentrating on the color change of the logo.
>
> Short and concise:
> ==================
> I watched the keynote of the T3CON. The reason(ing) I heard was: "We
> want to simplify things for you. It's cheaper to print the logo on
> t-shirts and so on with just one color. People would say TYPO3 is
> 'orange'". Did I miss an argument?
>
> Here's what I think: We have a strong brand TYPO3 with a clear logo
> since years. It is "orange and green". You would only touch ANYTHING of
> a well established visual symbol (shape, color, Freiraum, ...) if you
> really have GOOD reasons. The reasons given above are not *good* reasons
> in that sense.
>
> So, in short: I strongly urge everybody to put the green back into the
> logo!

now I remembered the orange. it might be a little bit different. but on
first sight it is te same (who can see the exact RGB-values without
direct compare?)

TYPO3 has become a kid toy:
there is a big TV channel for kids which used orange since years for
their logo: nickelodeon

whoever wants to associate TYPO3 with nickelodeon should use the pure
orange.

is TYPO3 a kid toy or a serious ECMS?

bernd
--